When we developed the Tarmac Disc, we didn't just want it to be fast. We wanted it to be fast everywhere. Long climbs, windy flats, Grand Tour stages, local fondos—we built a race bike to be the most complete out there. How’d we do it? We started with our Rider-First Engineered frame with a perfectly-tuned ride quality for every size, added in some serious aero tech that makes it 45 seconds faster over 40 kilometers than the Tarmac SL5, and then made it 20% lighter. Nothing is lighter, faster, and better handling. The build spec on this Tarmac Disc is value-packed, featuring Shimano Ultegra Di2 electronic shifting and hydraulic disc brakes, a Roval C 38 Disc carbon fiber wheelset, S-Works Turbo tires, and our fan-favorite Power saddle.
- For the construction of the Tarmac, we utilized advanced aerospace composite optimization software to revolutionize the construction and layup of our new FACT 10r carbon. It's the most schedule, we've ever made and this allowed us to shed nearly 200 grams. That's right, a 20% reduction in frame weight—the perfect recipe for your next hill climb PR.
- 500 pieces creating 7 different sizes with the same tuned ride–that’s Rider-First Engineered. We examine every ply of carbon on every frame size to ensure that all of our performance targets come through. To make sure you get the perfect ride, every frame gets a unique layup schedule with different ply arrangements, orientations, quantities of material in specific areas, and sometimes, even exclusive thicknesses and types of carbon itself.
- Aerodynamics is the most important thing we can do to make you faster, but with the Tarmac, we added aero features without any cost to weight. Through development, three areas were discovered where we could add aero for free—a new fork shape, dropped seatstays with aero tubes, and a D-shaped seatpost and seat tube. The result? A Tarmac that’s approximately 45 seconds faster over 40 kilometers.
- The updated the geometry is based on countless Retül data points and professional rider input. This enabled us to develop a Performance Road Geometry that perfects the combination of a responsive front-end and short wheelbase, which delivers instantaneous response and optimal power transfer.
- For additional compliance, the seatpost has flex built-into the upper 120mm where clamping doesn't happen. We also dropped the seatstays, altered the seat tube shape, and added tire clearance up to 30mm.
Electronic drivetrain systems deliver excellent shifting, easy set up, and solid battery life. Here are the highlights of today’s electronic shifting systems:
Electronic shifting systems use powerful servomotors to rapidly shift the chain. Because microprocessors and sensors constantly monitor every aspect of the system, they shift with precisely and without chain rub.
Many major systems have customizable shifting. Some have the ability to add remote shifters for common riding positions, and some even allow you to change the functions of the shifting buttons.
Electronic groupsets are responsive and consistent. There are no cables to stretch and wear out, so you get a flawless shift every time. The added bonus is you’ll never have to replace a derailleur cable ever again.
Pedals sold separately
|Frame||Tarmac SL6, FACT 10r carbon, Rider-First Engineered, OSBB, clean routing, internally integrated seat clamp, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc|
|Fork||FACT 10r carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc|
Front: 12x100mm thru-axle
Rear: 12x142mm thru-axle
|Rims/Wheels||Roval C 38 Disc, carbon, tubeless-ready, 38mm depth, 24h|
|Tires||S-Works Turbo, 120 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm|
|Crankset||Shimano Ultegra R8000, HollowTech 2, 11-speed|
|Bottom Bracket||Praxis, BB30 for Shimano|
|Chain||Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Ultegra Di2 R8050, braze-on|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Ultegra Di2 R8050, GS medium cage|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||Shimano Ultegra R8000, 11-speed, 11-30t|
|Shifters||Shimano Ultegra Di2 Disc R8070|
|Handlebars||Specialized Expert Shallow Drop, alloy, 125mm drop x 75mm reach|
|Stem||Specialized Pro SL, alloy, 4-bolt|
|Brakes||Shimano Ultegra R8070, hydraulic disc|
|Saddle||Body Geometry Power Expert, Hollow Titanium rails|
|Seat Post||S-Works FACT Carbon Tarmac seatpost, 20mm offset|
* Subject to change without notice.