The Duke Pro EPF 18 features Marker's Extended Power Frame chassis, with a wide footprint for the ultimate power transmission – recommended for ski widths over 88mm. For every big mountain freeskier who wants an easy climbing function combined with performance, the Duke's magnesium toe wings and heel bracket offer the ultimate in bomber performance for skiing the biggest lines.
- One binding, two boot norms
- Whatever boot you wear, all Marker SOLE.ID bindings are compatible to every kind of ski boot! Whether you prefer alpine boots or boots with touring sole, with SOLE.ID the bindings can be adjusted in seconds. The secret is the height-adjustable gliding plate; easy to handle and of course providing uncompromising performance. SOLE.ID respects ISO 5355 (alpine boots) and ISO 9523 (boots with touring soles).
- Magnesium is THE lightest and most robust metal construction material, making it perfect for our high-end products. This makes you well equipped for a faster run and the most radical lines!
EPF - EXTENDED POWER FRAME
- The power booster. The power frame delivers breath-taking performance and amazing power transfer in every condition. Recommended for skis over 88mm.
- Our fibre-reinforced frame base plate provides impressive riding stability and is yet very light due to the gas injected hollow construction.
AFD STAINLESS STEEL
- All MARKER bindings are equipped with a moveable AFD (anti friction device) leading to a highly precise release almost entirely unhindered by dirt, snow and ice! Individual adjustment of the AFD to the area of application ensures perfect functionality - from racing, for children's bindings or on ski tours.
INTER PIVOT HEEL
- The stunning heel construction delivers superior holding power for free riding, featuring DIN/ISO 6-16. The Inter Pivot Heel directs the power forces in the angle of elasticity improving the holding power and reducing pre-releases.
- The uphill hiking mode integrated in the Duke binding features easy adjustment from ride to hike. The hiking aid offers a 7° and 13° position. In ski mode the BCT lever is protected from unwanted releases. A 40 mm backward movement of the binding in BC mode results in a better balanced swing weight and easier kick turns.
- The titanium climbing aid offers two positions with 7° and 13° which can easily be accessed with the ski pole, even in an unstable standing position. Integrated elastomer paddings dampen the impact reducing the irritating traditional "clack" and allow more comfortable hiking.
TRIPLE PIVOT ELITE TOE
- The toe construction with DIN/ISO up to Z 18 allows for impressive retention when freeriding. The spring in the toe is inserted horizontally and with a sole plate inclined by 5° it provides the highest energy absorption so as to reduce the risk of early release. The large supporting surface optimizes the power transmission and allows for great stresses and strains. In relation to their weight, toes with this technology therefore achieve a never-seen-before performance.
- Brake width: 110mm
- Length adjustment: 265 – 325mm (Short), 305 – 365mm (Long)
Understanding boot and binding compatibility can be complicated. Alpine or Alpine Touring? ISO what?
With multiple boot/binding standards designed for different applications and skier types, finding the right gear requires more knowledge and expertise than ever before.
Contact us to navigate your options and discover what's right for you.
|Recommended User Weight||133+ lbs|
* Subject to change without notice.